Apply to become a Greenway Steward - The Greenway Stewardship Program
ACLPOA GREENWAY STEWARDSHIP PROGRAM OVERVIEWA healthy, natural greenway system is a vital component linked to the health of Apple Canyon Lake and supports the charming rural image we strive to maintain. In addition to the enjoyment on the part of ACL property owners, a healthy greenway will help keep our lake clean, attract birds, other habitats and everyone benefits.
To provide a volunteer stewardship program utilizing a comprehensive approach to achieving the desired balance of our natural amenities.
- To encourage preservation, restoration, and enhancement of ACL’s Greenway
- To protect the lake and woodlands by ecological restoration and invasive plant removal and replacement.
- To establish and maintain a program of continued care for the Greenway at ACL.
GREENWAY STEWARDSHIP VOLUNTEERS
Provide the following information for consideration:
- Define a specific Greenway site for the purpose of restoring, enhancing, or maintaining.
- Include a drawing and pictures of the area.
- Identify existing site conditions by identifying intrusive, noxious, or invasive weeds and plants.
- Evaluate the site describing the harm to the Greenway
- Formulate detailed plans on plant sources, planting density, plant tolerances, and requirements for planting.
- Will this design provide any bank or erosion stabilization?
- Provide a detailed site maintenance program for pest control, weeding, fertilizing, supplemental watering, and if necessary additional plantings.
- How long will it take the area to become self‐sustaining?
- Who will provide maintenance during the nurturing stage?
- Who will provide maintenance long term if required?
The overall restoration concept is to recreate a self‐sustaining native landscape, consistent with the natural process of the site and its environs, with minimal maintenance requirements. The restoration plan should include plant species, planting location, and density, which is based on an analysis of relatively undisturbed habitats within the restoration area.
Submit proposal to the General Manager. The Conservation committee will review the plan for overall compliance with ACL’s Greenway Program and recommend for board approval. The Maintenance Department and Building/Environmental Department Managers will facilitate the program.
If the Conservation Committee does not recommend your plan, you may request that the Board of Directors at their next meeting review your plan. Any recommended changes will be shared with the volunteers and the plan can be re‐submitted. Recommended plans will be put on the next ACL Board of Directors meeting agenda for final approval.
ACLPOA GREENWAY MAINTENANCE APPLICATIONS AND VOLUNTEER WAIVER MUST BE SIGNED PRIOR TO ANY APPROVED PROJECT ARE STARTED.
Download Greenway Stewardship Application